Ken Moon

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
Ken,
I haven't seen Arrowmount yet.

On the East side you've got the Folk Art Center tight to Asheville and on
the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is a high quality operation with fabulous
variety including museum displays. The Carolina Mountain Woodturners
www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org have monthly meetings third Saturday
of each month from 10am to 4:30pm and include demonstrations by pros. They
use the theater at the Center.

The western mountains are very dramatic and move my heart to its core. The
Appalachians are like old slippers and a recliner by the fireplace.
Roosevelt's public works program built the Blue Ridge Parkway and I wish
all our tax dollars could do as much for people at the time and in the
future. Last year the wife and I rode our Harleys from the start to the
finish - 459 miles. Lots of rain from the hurricanes and still it was a
fabulous experience.

Tom,
I knew about the Folk Art Center, and had it on my list. I'll already be
gone before the woodturners meeting is held. :-(
I know what you mean about the mountains. I grew up on Lookout Mountain down
in N. Alabama. Sure do miss them out here in flatland Texas.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.