Doug White

Google it . I replaced the gears in mine (about 23+ YO) a while back
and I got them from some place on the internet, dirt cheap. Made is
much much
quiter too. I think I found a place that carries replacement parts for
all kinds
of GDO. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the place, but am
sure
they are still in business. Simple google search shows quite a number
of shops
carrying parts etc.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...D,GGLD:2004-17,
GGLD:en&q=garage+door+opener+gear

And of course, there's Ebay.

I also replaced the ancient radio control unit with one from Sears
(rolling codes etc).

I checked with a couple of the online places, and they all claim the
parts aren't available. I suspect that the stock of gears has been used
up because this is the standard failure mode.

Doug White