Eric Bustad

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
At 10:29pm -0400, 07/25/05, Eric Bustad wrote:
Adam H. Kerman wrote:
At 6:10pm -0400, 07/25/05, Eric Bustad wrote:
Adam H. Kerman wrote:
At 8:11am -0700, 07/25/05, wrote:

Cheapest postage is to buy stamps below face value.

You have a company that does that legally, for stamps that have not
fallen off the back of the truck?

Old stamps with obsolete values (i.e. 32 cents) can be bought quite
legally at large discounts. The original purchasers either bought them
originally as "investments", or had them left over when the rates
changed.

Yes, I am well aware that stamps may be resold. I am also aware that
stamps have been stolen and more than a few con artists have washed
postmarks off used postage, trying to sell the stamps for a subsequent
use.

Neither of you has named any legitimate company selling disccounted
stamps. I was curious if someone had a legal operation in mind.

http://www.hgitner.com/postage.html
This was the first result from a Google search for "discount postage".
They are a well established stamp dealership.

As in, you've done business with them yourself?

I have, actually, but I haven't bought any discount postage from them.
I don't send mail in high enough quantities to make it work while. And
most of the people that I send mail to are fellow collectors who would
prefer to get current commemorative stamps instead. And Gitner's prices
on discount postage are a bit high.

= Eric