Now onto the bonding bit, what is it exactly I will need to do? What's
equipotential bonding as opposed to double bonding? looking in my other
bathroom I dont see any earthing at all on the copper. Do I need to
earth my towel rail, or the pipes going to it? I guess if there is an
earth somewhere on the copper this will be OK??

Firstly equipotential bonding is not earth bonding. The purpose of it
is to ensure that if there is a fault that lifts the CPCs above earth,
everything raises equally during fault conditions. Its a backup of
debateable merit since everything should already be bonded.

Use either 4mm2 insulated or 6mm2 bare wire, and connect everything
metal together, using the proper clamps. Pipes, rads, heaters, any
electrical appliances in the room, taps etc

NT