jakdedert

Nomen Nescio wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:03:19 -0500, "jakdedert"
wrote:

The other scope he has up for bid
does NOT have the serial # taped over. My guess is the same...he's
got lots o' scopes and doesn't want to take lots o' pics....

He has TWO scopes up for auction right now. I have sold MANY things,
and taking a pic of the ACTUAL item I'm selling is very important to
a BUYER.

I can understand that...and I can understand the seller's position as well.
Given his record, apparently his buyers don't mind, although (who knows?) he
might get more money if he took individual pics.

If I can't be assured that I'm actually receiving the item
as pictured on the auction page, I won't buy. I contacted him but
never heard back (ok kip smartass?). Looks like he buys and sells
scopes, maybe he puts together a "frankenscope" using the parts of
several to make one that works. But again, if I can't see the actual
thing I'm buying, then something ain't right.

You could contact some of his successful bidders through Ebay to see if they
are as satisfied as they say....

He also makes a big
deal about calibration, which is important to me also. And yet I
don't see a cal sticker in any of his pics. Oh well. Just wasn't
meant to be. Somewhere in this world is an oscilloscope just for me.

I think it's much ado....

jak