Jim Yanik

"kip" wrote in
:

Why don't you ask the seller and see what his response is.
Maybe he doesn't want anybody to copy the serial number !

"copy the s/n"? For what purpose?
I suspect the scope could be stolen.I see no reason to hide the s/n.
Tektronix maintains a stolen instrument database for their products,call
TEK security to find out about a particular unit,or to report one stolen.

kip
"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
I've been looking at an oscilloscope on eBay. Seems real nice. It
isn't the deal of the century, but seems better than most. But the
seller has taped over or blocked out the serial number on all the
pics posted. Other than the thing being stolen, what other possible
and logical reason(s) could there be to block out the serial number?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik