Tom Nie

Ken,
I haven't seen Arrowmount yet.

On the East side you've got the Folk Art Center tight to Asheville and on
the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is a high quality operation with fabulous
variety including museum displays. The Carolina Mountain Woodturners
www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org have monthly meetings third Saturday of
each month from 10am to 4:30pm and include demonstrations by pros. They use
the theater at the Center.

The western mountains are very dramatic and move my heart to its core. The
Appalachians are like old slippers and a recliner by the fireplace.
Roosevelt's public works program built the Blue Ridge Parkway and I wish all
our tax dollars could do as much for people at the time and in the future.
Last year the wife and I rode our Harleys from the start to the finish - 459
miles. Lots of rain from the hurricanes and still it was a fabulous
experience.

Otherwise, I'm such a newbie I can't help.

Tom Nie

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
Mac,
That's creative.
I'm not sure there's much of a small salary or even any at all from the
little homework I've done so far. But that might be a real cool idea for
a summer trip. Out West was my dream trip but I've still got the Smokies
and Blue Ridge Parkway places nearby.

I'll be up that way in about 2 weeks. Want to see how much has changed
since I was up there in '68. Any good turning or crafts places you'd
recommend near Smoky MT Nat'l Park? I know Arrowmont is right there, but
it seems like they're not too active in August.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.