Adam Smith

If these were silver jump rings the way to do it would be to split the rings
with a jewellers saw, cutting lengthwise along the dowel (ie with the
mandrel still in the rings). You do all the of the rings-to-be coiled on the
mandrel with one cut. BTW I cut mild steel (and worse) with a jewellers saw
all the time. I suppose you might use a hacksaw, but my bet is that the
jewellers saw would be enough easier to control that it ends up being
faster.

Hand tools are very efficient for some operations.

Adam Smith
Midland, ON

"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message
I want to cut them with a jewelers slotting saw. I've found the blades
all over the place but can't find an arbor that will fit into a 3/8 inch
drill chuck. Where do I get one?

DON'T DO IT!
I did this as a kid and damn near cut my thumb off.
DON'T DO IT!