Doug Kanter

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , Doug Kanter says...

"Banty" wrote in message

Or just lack of practical thinking.

If the neighbors with the dog are Martians who would immediately snatch
him and
use his blood should he come to their door for a conversation, then the
next
best option is to go ahead and put up that fence.

Banty

Of course, he *might* have the type of neighbor who is utterly oblivious
the generally agreed upon rules of living in a civilized way. These
animals
*do* exist, and in most cases, they cannot be retrained, only controlled,
much like their dogs.

True, true.

But that's one thing that's determined by a converstaion - no?

The OP suggested some vague reason for not having a conversation, and was
hesitant to explain further.

And, if that's the case, then one goes to other options: law enforcement
if
feasible (is there a leash law?), putting in that fence.

I think town justices should give dog criminals a choice of:

1) Buy a fence for your neighbor, since you can't seem to control your
vermin. The fence he wants will cost $4000.00 to install and you'll be in a
holding cell until a family member or friend brings cash. Green cash money.

2) Lose your dog next time it's roaming the neighborhood, *and* you and your
kids will watch it being put to death at the pound. Your grandkids, too, if
you have any.

3) Put your arms behind your back so the bailiff can take you to jail.
You'll need 30 days worth of reading material and a whole bunch of condoms
(for your new girlfriends).

Hey...I'm funny about these things. This is why Henslee has been following
me around the newsgroups for a while. I say the things he wants to, but is
afraid to.