RBM

I think there is some gray area as to what constitutes "unfinished" and that
interpretation would be up to the inspector having jurisdiction. There are
exceptions which include outlets for things like refrigerators and freezers
in these locations
"meirman" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:26:23 -0400 "CL (dnoyeB)
Gilbert" posted:

RBM wrote:
If you try to operate to many appliances, tools, lights etc. at the same
time on the circuit, the breaker will trip. That's your safety device.
There
is no problem mixing lights and outlets on that particular circuit,
however
to be safe and NEC legal, your general use outlets in unfinished
basements
and garages must be GFCI protected

Hmmm. I have several outlets in a finished wall, but the other three
walls of the laundry room are not finished. Does it require GFCI

I installed an outlet right next to my service panel. Does it need
gfci? There was an outlet there already but i hear this is for the

I have one of these too. It was meant for the washing machine, and
that's what I use it for. No GFCI. House is 26 years old. Is there a
problem?

builders to use during house install. i have my switch and cable modem
in the basement too.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether