The Natural Philosopher

Pandora wrote:

I am putting in Cat 6 and CT100 everywhere in my home as part of a
general re-wire.

I intend to connect my main wideband aerial to a distribution amplifier
in the loft. (I don't have a satellite dish, nor do I plan to get one.)
From the amplifier, I will run co-ax to every room.

Most rooms have just one co-ax outlet. The lounge (the main TV room),
however, has three runs of CT100. Is three enough considering that I
may, at some stage, have cable TV installed in the future?

The short answer gained from many years of network installation is that
the first rule of cabling is that no matter how careful the plan, and
how much prior consultation is done, and how ubiquitous the trunking and
cable management, there is always at least one place someone will insist
on putting a TV/Computer/Telephone that is utterly impossible to connect
to without serious structural alterations.

So give up, and save your energy and money for the concrete chasing wall
replacement replastering and redecoration that you will inevitably be
faced with when SWMBO decides 'no, the ONLY possible place for the TV
is' ...pointing at a corner where there is simply no way to get ANY
cables to it without partial demolition and rebuild.

Having done this, she has now decide that the place I wanted to put the
TV in the first place is actually where it should go..

GRRRR!