Prometheus

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:45:29 GMT, B a r r y
wrote:

Prometheus wrote:

Hmmm... I've got an entire shop full of Delta, and I've never had a
problem- the two or three small parts that have broken were replaced
quickly and without any guff.

I had an X5 bandsaw and a DJ-20 arrive with show stopping parts missing
from the sealed packages. While I was ****ed about the omissions, Delta
did correct the problems. With the DJ-20, the phone attitude was a tad
surly, but they got things right quickly and correctly.

The bandsaw took several attempts to get the right parts. I even went
so far as to fax the exploded views to them, with the missing parts
circled. They still sent the wrong parts for the bandsaw.

Once running, the tools have been flawless, but Delta definitely dropped
a few notches in my book.

Yeah, they're not perfect, but hardly as bad as the OP makes them out
to be- especially the bit about not honoring the warranty based on the
date of manfacture, something smells a bit fishy there. I got my Midi
lathe last December as a floor model (last one they had left without a
special order) and according to the serial no, it was the 30th one off
the assembly line. I busted the tool rest by accidently running it
under the corner of a blank I was about to rough out, and they sent me
two replacements for it, even though it was my fault. No mention of
the date of manufacture came up at all. I figure if they're willing
to help out like that, they're all right in my book.