Tom Watson

On 25 Jul 2005 18:36:47 -0700, "Jay Pique"
wrote:

So my dad wants me to make a couple of replacement bumpers for his boat
trailer. Basically they are pieces of plywood covered in outdoor
carpet. He's insisting that they be made from "marine grade plywood",
in spite of my suspicion that he has no idea what "marine grade" even
means or if the originals were even made therefrom. (from it?)

IAE, I'm tempted to use good old pressure treated ply but for the fact
that I've heard the new stuff corodes metal screws and this gets bolted
to metal. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

True "Marine Grade Plywood" is made from the Pine Trees that surround
Parris Island, South Carolina; is tough as nails, needs no finish
beyond its natural resistance to outside influence, and will stand on
edge, as though by magic, whenever someone says, "Goodnight, Chesty."

Actually, the above is all bull**** and MGP is really a grade of ply
that has no voids in the ply and is bonded by an adhesive that will
resist delamination according to the ASTME spec. that applies to its
specific use.

Don't use the PT.

It ain't the real deal.

Semper Fi.