Cliff

Subject: Hospitality

An Irishman, an Englishman and a Scot were sitting in a bar in America. The
view was fantastic, the beer excellent, the food exceptional.

The Scotsman said, "I still prefer the pubs back home. Why in Glasgow
there's a wee bar called McTavish's. Now, the landlord there goes out of
his way for the locals so much that when you buy 4 drinks he will buy the
5th drink for you."

"Well," said the Englishman, "At my local, the Red Lion, the barman there
will buy you your 3rd drink after you buy the first 2."

"Ahhh, that's nothin," said the Irishman. "Back home in Dublin, there's
Ryan's Bar. Now the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a
drink, then another, all the drinks you like. Then when you've had enough
drinks they'll take you upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the
house!"

The Englishman and Scotsman immediately pour scorn on the Irishman's
claims, but the Irishman swears every word is true.

"Well," said the Englishman, "Did this actually happen to you?"

"Not me myself, personally, no," said the Irishman. "But it did happen to
me sister."