Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message ...
Friend came back from vacation to a call from alarm service.
When she got home she found a "bird" making bump noises in her house, at
night.
I think it is a bat.

Local cops suggested she use a broom to help it leave. Any other ideas?

TIA

If you are fortunate, the broom may help, but I thing you'd do better trying
to catch it than shoo it. I was able to know down a bat using a pot lid.
Tennis racket may be good too. This was in the hallway at 2:00 AM. Doors
open, but made no difference. Once knocked down, I was able to trap it in
the pot and release it outside.

VERY IMPORTANT. Find and seal the entrance or it will come back.