AndyM

Default Halogen Lighting and Touch Dimmer compatiblity

"BigWallop" wrote in message
AndyM wrote:
"BigWallop" wrote in message
snipped

snipped again
Sorry I can't be of any more help on the specific types because I don't

know
which light fitting you have.

How would I tell the difference? If I took a photo would you be able to

tell
me?

Andy

The light fitting should tell you on a plate or sticker, or even on the

side of
the box that it came in, so any info' from this will give an idea of what

you'd
need.

There's absolutely no indication of what sort of transformer it uses on the
box or light itself. Judging by the weight of it I'd assume there must be
some kind of wire coil inside.
I'm just going to take the dimmer back while its still under guarantee and
swap it for a standard switch. They don't seem to make touch switches for
low voltage lighting.

Thanks for your help

Andy