Brian wrote:
"Pandora" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am putting in Cat 6 and CT100 everywhere in my home as part of a
general re-wire.

I intend to connect my main wideband aerial to a distribution amplifier
in the loft. (I don't have a satellite dish, nor do I plan to get one.)
From the amplifier, I will run co-ax to every room.

Most rooms have just one co-ax outlet. The lounge (the main TV room),
however, has three runs of CT100. Is three enough considering that I
may, at some stage, have cable TV installed in the future?

I was told that in a few years time (7?) they're going to phase out TV
transmissions by standard aerial and everyone will need either cable or
satellite. Is that total rubbish? It sounds it to me.

*Analogue* terrestrial transmissions are due to be phased out but the
date seems to be slipping, I think it's 2012 or something now.
Digital terrestrial transmissions (i.e. FreeView) will continue for
the forseeable future.

--
Chris Green