Shaun

Default HELP fitting a bathroom ceiling light!

Hi guys
OK I'm new to electrics - never felt too sure about them. Anyway we
need to replace the light on the bathroom celing. I bought one in
Homebase and got it home only to find out the instructions are wrong!
They refer to a diagram which shows which terminal is positive and
which negative. Of course, the lamp holder that comes with the light
has a different layout to the one in the picture so its impossible to
tell which is which! (Why oh why isnt there a + and a - on there
somewhere???!)

I'm sure its really obvious to most people which is + and which - but
I really am unsure and want to get some advice before proceeding with
my first install! I am presuming the +ve is the one, when viewed from
the inside, which has the sort of "springy" brass connector, is this
right?

I have attached pics of everything to the following addresses:

Manual diagram:
http://www.btinternet.com/~marino13/light1.jpg

Actual light fitting (from inside and also from the rear as per
diagram for comparison)
http://www.btinternet.com/~marino13/light2.jpg

Any good advise would be appreciated - its very dark in our bathroom
at the moment!

Shaun