Lobster

Mary Fisher wrote:
They'll leave as soon as the chicks can fly, I'd be surprised if there were
any still in there unless they're swifts. If they are swifts PLEASE let them
be, they're getting fewer and fewer. It won't be long before they go. The
adults won't continue to occupy the nest.

Funny that. I came home today at lunchtime to hear a hell of a racket
upstairs, and found a swift trapped up there! I think it can only have
come down through the ceiling hatch, which I happened to have left open
(although I didn't think there were any holes that big. We certainly
don't have any nests in the house.) Never seen a swift that close up
before TBH, and I had to find a picture to check that's definitely what
it was. Anyway, Mary, you'll be pleased to hear that Swiftie went
tearing out the bedroom window when I opened it, apparently none the
worse for the experience!

David