Doug Miller

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:33:22 GMT, Doug Kanter

wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...

Then you have lemon-flavored mineral oil. You don't have lemon oil.

OK...let's back up. In my original message, what did you really think I
meant when I said:
"I've heard lemon oil (which I know is just "flavored" mineral oil)"
???

How did you interpret that?

Well, I'm not Doug, but I interpreted it as equivalent of "The substance
commercially sold as 'lemon oil' is actually just lemon-flavored mineral
oil". Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's what I read it as.
Sounded like you were making a global statement about all things sold as
"lemon oil".

Dave Hinz

You're correct about my meaning. As far as "global", no. I was only
commenting on the 3 products I ran across in stores, which included the
one
I finally bought.

Miller probably thought I meant that lemon oil, when first extracted from
lemons, contained mineral oil. Miller's funny that way.

No, I drew the obvious conclusion: that you think (as you stated) that
lemon
oil is nothing more than lemon-flavored mineral oil. It isn't.

Based on what ALL the participants in this thread were talking about, you
thought pure lemon oil, straight from the lemon, contained mineral oil?
Context meant nothing to you?

Certainly not. Where did that come from, anyway? It's YOU who has the
confusion between lemon oil and mineral oil, not me -- YOU said lemon oil is
just flavored mineral oil.

--
Regards,