Doug Kanter

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:17:25 GMT, Doug Kanter
wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Well, I'm not Doug, but I interpreted it as equivalent of "The substance
commercially sold as 'lemon oil' is actually just lemon-flavored mineral
oil". Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's what I read it as.
Sounded like you were making a global statement about all things sold as
"lemon oil".

You're correct about my meaning. As far as "global", no. I was only
commenting on the 3 products I ran across in stores, which included the
one
I finally bought.

OK, so what you said wasn't what you meant. Got it.

Miller probably thought I meant that lemon oil, when first extracted from
lemons, contained mineral oil. Miller's funny that way.

What's "funny", is that even though someone else has now agreed that
your wording isn't what you meant, you blame your failure to write
clearly on Doug.

There have to be some assumptions made in any discussion, or it would take
years to discuss most anything. I assume that most people who mentioned
lemon oil in this thread were referring to modified products sold in stores,
not pure, unadulterated lemon oil. Further, it would be just plain stupid to
think that a lemon contained petroleum distillates.

"I was driving down the road and the car stalled".

"What did you do with the elephant?"

"What elephant?"

"The one riding on top of your car".

"What??? That's ridiculous".

"Well, you didn't explicitly say there was NOT an elephant on top of your
car".