Doug Miller

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:33:22 GMT, Doug Kanter
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...

Then you have lemon-flavored mineral oil. You don't have lemon oil.

OK...let's back up. In my original message, what did you really think I
meant when I said:
"I've heard lemon oil (which I know is just "flavored" mineral oil)" ???

How did you interpret that?

Well, I'm not Doug, but I interpreted it as equivalent of "The substance
commercially sold as 'lemon oil' is actually just lemon-flavored mineral
oil". Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's what I read it as.
Sounded like you were making a global statement about all things sold as
"lemon oil".

Dave Hinz

You're correct about my meaning. As far as "global", no. I was only
commenting on the 3 products I ran across in stores, which included the one
I finally bought.

Miller probably thought I meant that lemon oil, when first extracted from
lemons, contained mineral oil. Miller's funny that way.

No, I drew the obvious conclusion: that you think (as you stated) that lemon
oil is nothing more than lemon-flavored mineral oil. It isn't.

--
Regards,