Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

It wasn't about his infidelities, it was about him not having the balls
to own up to them. Looked right in the camera and told the world he
hadn't done it, remember? Then, did the same with congress.

Of course it was about his infidelities - if it weren't it would never
have proceeded past Tripp's friendly act of taping her friend. It wasn't
Lewinski who was pressing for an investigation or making accusations. It
wasn't the Mrs. who was putting this under public investigation. Those
opposing Clinton tried for years and years to nail him, his wife and
those around him (to draw him in by association) by whatever
investigation they could scrape up - then they finally found his
Achilles crotch - which anyone would similarly deny infidelity. It was
the entire public investigation into his sexual activities that had much
of the world bewildered and bemused over the flap.

Anyone else see a parallel with the Plame debacle? If whoever it was who
was talking about her to the reporters had stepped forward two years ago
and accepted responsibility - whether what was said was unlawful or not
- then we could have likely saved 2 years of guessing, court time (up to
the Supreme Court), costs and jailing a reporter. Rove should had
publicly said, "Yes, I spoke with so'n'so about Plame and am willing to
accept responsibility for any part I may have played that may turn out
to be unlawful." It would have protected his "boss" and defused much of
the issue - not to mention, OK, I'll mention it anyway, furthering the
Bush mantra that this administration was going to be accountable - just
goes to show that they're just as political and adept at covering up as
any other administration.

What these people - Clinton included - don't see is that if they take
the advice all our parents told us, that "it's much better to confess
and face the consequences than for me to find out later that you did
indeed do it", they'd not have anywhere near the public outcry over the
actual transgression.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05