machineman

Nick
Check out this like to the T%C grinder they are talking about. The
spindle is a ground tube that is fitted to a close tolerance housing
with clean air introduced to provide a friction free method of regrindin
the sides of an endmill or other cutting tools. They are not hard to
use, but its not one of those things that people pick up by themselves.
I have done a lot of t&c grinding and have tried to teach it to a lot
of others, not everybody picks it up easily.

http://www.heinmanmachinery.com/specs23.pdf

Nick Müller wrote:
wrote:

How are air spindles made in things like tool and cutter grinders?

Is an air spindle a bearing that kinda "uses air instead of oil"?
I need no explanation, I just don't know the therm.

Nick