RBM

If your drain pipe from your blower is going uphill to the outside, see if
it is coming from a condensate pump and if so, check the pump
"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Never thought about this much, but am now curious.

Live outside of Boston; have had several real hot and very high humidity
days in a row.

Have a substantial puddle on my basement floor.
Pretty sure it is condensation.

Is this likely water condensing from the air against a colder basement
floor ?

Or, is it possibly water coming up, somehow, thru the concrete floor ?
Or,... ?

It's funny in a way, as the basement air is fairly cool, not hot and
sticky like the rest of the house - that's why I was wondering if it
might be coming up thru the floor ?

Our hot air furnace has the Evaporator section for the house A/C and a
drain pipe to the outside, but it doesn't seem like it's coming from the
furnace, but the puddle is close; perhaps ? Is this a "likely"
possibility ?

Thanks,
Bob