CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

RBM wrote:
If you try to operate to many appliances, tools, lights etc. at the same
time on the circuit, the breaker will trip. That's your safety device. There
is no problem mixing lights and outlets on that particular circuit, however
to be safe and NEC legal, your general use outlets in unfinished basements
and garages must be GFCI protected

"Marc Miller" wrote in message

I'm no electrician so I thought I would post a question. What's the
maximum
draw
that can be connected to a standard household circuit? I have a 200amp
panel and just installed a circuit with numerous outlets and a fluorescent
light fixture on a 15amp breaker with 12/2 Romex (Does that mean all
equipment connected cannot exceed 15amps on this one circuit?). I put two
duplex outlets
together so I would have four connections in the basement, and then the
wire
was run to the garage to power the light as well as one duplex outlet.
Just
curious as I don't want to get in trouble.

You hear about people starting fires by connecting too many appliances to
one outlet. I don't think I have that problem but want to make sure. The
only things connected in the basement are low draw appliances (high speed
modem, two routers and an ac adapter to charge the house alarm battery).
Thanks...

I installed an outlet right next to my service panel. Does it need
gfci? There was an outlet there already but i hear this is for the
builders to use during house install. i have my switch and cable modem
in the basement too.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert