Mary Fisher

wrote in message
oups.com...
So starlings, sparrows etc. should have left by August?

Ours all have already flown the nest. Only the swifts are still there,
they're vey late in starting. In fact 'ours' use a nest evacuated by
sparrows - every year. Starlings are very early.

I thought they
stayed until Sept/Oct. Come to think of it, I haven't heard much
chirping recently.

Normally I wouldn't mind birds in the roof. But they do tend to leave
bird muck all over the brickwork where they go in and out...what's best
for cleaning this off?

Well, you don't have to look up :-)

A power washer works but it's a waste of water.You could get up a ladder
with a dry stiff brush. And a mask.

Mary

Bruce