Rob Morley

In article , "Rob
Morley" says...
In article , "ben"
says...
Stephane wrote:
Hi guys,

maybe more of a translation question.

We've got walls in the kitchen with a not so smooth surface. An ideal
way of covering it would be what we call in French "toile de verre", a
kind of thick and tough possibly embossed wall paper, solid, durable,
fire proof, that you can paint over, that would hide the defects and
provide with a convenient washable surface.

I can't find the English word for it, and I'm not too sure whether
they can be found easily in B&Q's. As I'm currently in France for a
few days, I was wondering if it was worth bringing some back in my
luggage.

So, my question is: how is it called in English? And can it be found
in Edinburgh DIY or wall covering stores?

Many thanks in advance,
Stephane.

the word your looking for is..."glass canvas", in English

That's just a literal translation, the generic term for this cladding
is FRP, Glasbord is one of the trade names.

OK, scrap that - the OP is actually talking about a textile, not a
composite panel.