Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
freddyuk writes:
Also there should be 50 mm clearance behind the units - enough for neat
pipework.

Since I was replumbing the kitchen anyway, I simply made sure
the pipework was all below the units (within 16cm of the floor,
IIRC). I also used their kitchen units to make a fitted bathroom,
at a small fraction of the cost of bathroom units, and they're
much higher quality than all the overpriced bathroom units I
saw. They were substantially modified for the purpose though.

I have found Ikea furniture to be good quality and easy to fit out.

I don't think I have any, except for the kitchen units. I have
put together lots for other people though, and it always seems
to work very well. Oh, actually I do have an IKEA dining table,
which was an emergency purchase when I had just moved into a
house and didn't have a table, some years ago.

I am nearly always rather dissatisfied with any type of light
fitting for the home, which means I often make my own. The IKEA
ones are very cheap and a good source of useful parts, such as
the glassware.

--
Andrew Gabriel