ben

Stephane Chazelas wrote:
"ben" wrote
[...]
We've got walls in the kitchen with a not so smooth surface. An
ideal way of covering it would be what we call in French "toile de
verre", a kind of thick and tough possibly embossed wall paper,
solid, durable, fire proof, that you can paint over, that would
hide the defects and provide with a convenient washable surface.

[...]
the word your looking for is..."glass canvas", in English

Thanks Ben,

I'm not too sure we're speaking of the same thing, google was not very
helpful on "glass canvas". What I have in mind is really just like
wallpaper.
Except that instead of being made of wood fibre paper, it's made
of glass fibre paper. It's sold in rolls just like wallpaper, except
it is generally 1m wide instead of the 53cm more comonly found in
wall papers.

Is it something one can find at B&Q/Wickes/Homebase?

Thanks,
Stephane

I doubt you would find a supplier of that type in the UK and if you do it
would probably very exspensive.

I translated the french wording here...
http://www.freetranslation.com/