Stephane

Default glass fibre wallpaper/lining

Hi guys,

maybe more of a translation question.

We've got walls in the kitchen with a not so smooth surface. An ideal
way of covering it would be what we call in French "toile de verre", a
kind of thick and tough possibly embossed wall paper, solid, durable,
fire proof, that you can paint over, that would hide the defects and
provide with a convenient washable surface.

I can't find the English word for it, and I'm not too sure whether they
can be found easily in B&Q's. As I'm currently in France for a few
days, I was wondering if it was worth bringing some back in my luggage.

So, my question is: how is it called in English? And can it be found in
Edinburgh DIY or wall covering stores?

Many thanks in advance,
Stephane.