Prometheus

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:59:53 -0500, "Sweet Sawdust"
wrote:

Last Delta tool I bought was a RAS and the motor went out after about 6
months. Called Delta and was told that the Saw was manufactured 3 yrs ago so
the warrantee was no longer good. Last Delta tool I bought.
"John Dill" wrote in message
Brought my new 15" planer in to the local service shop where I have been
going for over 20 years for some warranty service. It had a gear
problem. They said they wouldn't fix it because of some change in the
DeWalt/Delta labor rate. Was about a three hour job and they pay only
1/2 hour or so since they are more alined with repairing portable tools.
Had to bring it to a Factory servicer about 100 miles away. You guys
better check with your local servicer for their policy before buying any
Delta tools..JD.

Hmmm... I've got an entire shop full of Delta, and I've never had a
problem- the two or three small parts that have broken were replaced
quickly and without any guff.