Karl Vorwerk

The new Wave and Leatherman Charge have interchangeable non SS bits. They're
not standard bits so if you buy one get the Charge as it comes with a set of
double ended bits. The bit set alone costs $19 or so . Also you get to tell
people it's got titanium scales. Cheapest price I've found for the Charge is
$99.95.
Karl

"AL" wrote in message
Part of my job responsibilities require me to perform maintenance on
various computers and telecom gear. Unlike working on a car, all the
fasteners are low torque and are not corroded. I have two Leatherman
tools (the original one, and a small keychain model) and have found them
to be perfect for this application. Unfortunately, despite all the
fasteners being low torque, and me being careful not to overwork the tool,
I frequently end up twisting and bending the various flat-headed pieces of
the tool. Leatherman has been good with repairing them under warranty,
but I'm getting tired of having to mail them in.

I think their stainless steel is too soft. What about the competitor
models made by Gerber, etc.? Do they use better steel? I'm not talking
about the overseas models you get at the local dollar store, but ones that
are similarly priced.