Don Klipstein

In article , dbriggs wrote:
Bob Oberman wrote:
Buck Turgidson wrote:

I have a box that is about 2' by 2' by 3' high full of clothing I need
to send. It is a bit heavy since it is full of clothes.

Would USPS or UPS be cheaper to send these? What about USPS Media Rate?
Thanks for any replies.

I have found the cheapest way is Fed Express Ground service. They
aren't the fastest -- way but very inexpensive and dependable.

This package has length-plus-girth 2 inches more than the recent higher
limit of 130 inches by USPS.
Make this package 2 inches less long or 1/2 inch less wide/thick and you
can send it "Parcel Post", which should be adequately cheap!

I advise against sending it "Media Mail", since the size limit is no
better, prices are not much better, and should USPS detect content not
good for "Media Mail" the package comes back to you with at best you
losing the postage used in the attempt to get the package transported, and
the package could get bounced back to you at a pace as slow as you could
reasonably expect it to move at cut-rate postage rates!

Please compare "Parcel Post" to "Fedex Ground" and "UPS Ground".

One more note: UPS Ground takes 1 business day less than a
holiday-lacking week to move a package from northwestern Minnesota to
Philadelphia or Philly's suburbs!

- Don Klipstein )