pb

Default Dishwasher Leaking

My dishwasher (Miele G665SC) had leaked terribly and limescale was
everywhere. After cleaning everything, its functioning fine, but water is
once again very slowly dripping out of a drain hole at the bottom of the
motor/pump, onto the base of the unit. What is usually the problem in this
case? I think the water is getting through the shaft opening of the
impellor; perhaps a damaged rubber washer? What can be done to fix this -
given that a replacement pump will cost about £200!

Also, the unit is only 5-6 years old. I discovered that the water hardness
meter was set to '2' all this time, for soft water, but of course London
water is relatively hard. Could this have caused the leak problem?