kip

The only person that knows if its worth fixing is
YOU after you have gotten an estimate of costs.

kip

"da_test" wrote in message
Hello,
my 1992 27 inch XBR shows a plain, bright blue screen when
it's first turned on. Usually, after about 5 minutes, the normal
image returns. The picture, although the TV is old, is still good
having good color balance, and (seemingly) full or
near to full range of contrast and brightness.

I have noticed that if I wiggle the jungle board, the
picture will be restored if it's currently blue and vice versa.

I took off the metal shield from this board, took the board out,
resoldered some of the components and put it back.
No change. I can't do any more myself because it's
impossible to work on this board in place, there's
no access and/or very limited visibility.

I have a feeling it might be quite expensive to
get it professionally repaired. Is it worth it?
Thanks,
Dave