Bruce L. Bergman

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:39:05 -0700, jk wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

You can hook up 240V 1ph loads to the high leg and either of the
other two, which will balance out the loads if you have several 240V
1ph loads running at once.

NO YOU do NOT want to do that. Connecting loads to the leg which
actually has the transformer is OK, but connecting single phase loads
across the "Open" side of the delta tends to start to collapse the
delta that you get.

Hmmm... Never heard that one. I'll have to remember to research it
if I ever come across another Open Delta service where they've hooked
up 1Ph loads like that.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545