Andy Asberry

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:28:24 -0700, "Ken Davey"
wrote:

AND - The moral?
Have faith. There are the odd few youngsters out there with the dedication
and the smarts to carry on the tradition of actually fixing things!

Yours very sincerely.
Ken.

You know how on a long trip you seem to hook up with another vehicle.
You pass them; they pass you. Both of you stop at the same place to
gas up or eat? They disappear and then there they are again?

On a trip from Texas to Wyoming last year, I hooked up with a young
guy who came to be thought of as "Weirdo". This guy was dressed in
shorts with a sleeveless t-shirt and sandals. A few tatttoes and more
piercings than a drunk in a cactus garden. Lip, eyebrows, nose. A
haircut that could have only been done with a dull knife. He was
driving a yellow convertible with the top up. Only there was no top;
just the bows. Made him easy to spot.

Somewhere between Raton and Denver, I topped a hill in the left lane
and there on the right shoulder sat 2 little blue-haired ladies with a
flat tire. Traffic wouldn't allow me to get over and no one in stopped
that I could see. I went on to the next exit and turned around.
Traveling the opposite direction, I either missed them or couldn't see
them. Took another exit and headed back north.

There they were with Weirdo's convertible parked in front of them. He
was pulling the spare out of the trunk when I pulled up. I asked if I
could help. "No, this nice young man is going to rescue us."
(Translation: he looks just like my grandson)

We said our howdies and acknowledged how we seemed to be traveling
together. I waited with my 4 ways on until he changed the left rear
tire. Then we all went on our way.

So, if you're out there Joe, you've restored my confidence in the
younger generation.