Ian Stirling

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , "Tim Lamb"
says...
In message , Rob Morley
writes
In article , "justme"
says...

I'd like to make a log splitter myself, they are too expensive to buy.
So what I need is a frame with a steel plate at one end which the log
rests on, and an V shaped steel plate at the other end driven by an
hydraulic ram, 4 ton or more ought to do it.

Log splitters you envisage are available commercially and intended to be
run off the external hydraulic service on tractors. (around 3000psi and
at least 15l/min)

I think he was probably referring to the electric ones rather than
something that needs a PTO or external hydraulics.

Naah.
What set of DIY tools is complete without a tractor?
/JCB/crane/shuttle transporter/...