raden

In message , AndyG
writes

Bob Eager Wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:27:34 UTC, AndyG
wrote:
-
JE Wrote:-
Im attempting to replace my aging potterton EP2000 controller with a
Horstmann C27 controller.

Like you I am attempting to replace my Potterton EP2000 with a C27,
but

I am unable to get past first base. I can't work out how to remove
the

front cover of the Potterton. There are no screw fixings and as far
as

I can see no simple clip fixings?

The timer came with the house 18 years ago, less instructions.

Can any one out there help?--

Didn't see the original post, and Andy's appears to have a null reply,
but...

These are usually held by two screws UNDERNEATH. The screws are
vertical, and probably recessed. You loosen them (two), then pull the
front of the controller forward, lift it slightly and it comes off the
backplate. There is no front cover to remove - it all comes off at
once

(apart from the connection backplate).

Isolate the circuit first, of course - there will be largish exposed
pieces of metal at mains potential.

Thanks for the reply, this is exactly what I would expect, however
there are no screws!

Then just rotate it upwards - i.e. thumbs under the bottom, fingers on
the top, pull outwards with your thumbs

Maybe the screw has got lost in the depths of time

--
geoff