Bill Janssen

RB wrote:

Anyone know if the common LORAN sets found in many small aircraft are
readily useable in boats?

I have no idea what voltage small planes use. Most boats have 12v available
to hook to.

Beyond that issue, I see marine LORANs generally have a numeric touchpad
screen, presumably for entering LAT/LONG. A number of the pictures of LORAN
sets for small planes I see don't appear to have these.

Just curiosu if they're transplantable.

The voltage in small planes is 12 volts. The voltage in slightly bigger
small planes is 24 volts.
So it seems that you have to specify what kind (model) of plane before
you can determine
the voltage. And No I don't have the data for any particular model of
airplane. By the way
I had a small plane with no electrical system, other than the engine
magneto :-)

Good luck.

Bill K7NOM