Morris Dovey

Prometheus (in ) said:

| On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:43:55 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
| wrote:

|| Heck, I still hold a grudge that we couldn't get
|| clearance to fly over France to bomb Khadaffi, and he definitely
|| had it coming.

Well, that's one of the choices available - but grudges are terribly
consumptive and life is too short and precious to spend on resentment
that can't change past events. Khalil Gibran said it really well when
he wrote: "The moving finger writes and having writ moves on..."

If Zig Zigler was right when he said that the art of selling consists
of giving someone something to say "yes" to, then we obviously didn't
do an adequate job of selling. Perhaps we'd learn something worthwhile
if we could determine precisely why we didn't get the "yes" we wanted.

| Going along to get along is much less courageous than
| standing in opposition, no matter whether the stakes are
| lunch-money or thermonuclear war.

Yup. It's even easier to acquiesce when you're not directly affected
by the outcome. Saying "No" to a friend/ally generally requires
courage of conviction and the belief that there is something greater
at stake than a bruised ego.

Seems to me that it's exactly when a friend, an ally, or a spouse
looks us in the eye and says "No" that we need to regognize that
there's something important that we haven't taken into consideration;
and that we need to understand before proceeding.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar