AndyM

Default Halogen Lighting and Touch Dimmer compatiblity

"BigWallop" wrote in message
snipped
---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, its the dimmer that supports the GU10 bulbs.

The
light has 12V bulbs I think.

Andy

Then you really need a dimmer which will be compatable with the

transformer that
runs the light fitting. The most commonly used transformers now are

electronic
types but there are still some which use either toroidial or parallel wire

coil
windings, so you need to check which style transformer your light fitting

works
from then choose a dimmer switch to suit it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help on the specific types because I don't

know
which light fitting you have.

How would I tell the difference? If I took a photo would you be able to tell
me?

Andy