I dunno... looks pretty cheap to me. As a professional woodworker, I
would be insulted if that was all I got per hour to teach, and probably
wouldn't do it considering all the ancillary expense and exposure.

For the price of a couple of dinners out on Saturday night, I am
looking at a helluva return on this type of activity. You meet other
turners, compare notes, and have a chance to yack on and on for hours
about all the nuances of woodturning with other turners.

Then there is the class... I remember when I made my first planing cut
with a skew after about 10 minutes of discussion and then some
body/hand/placement coaching from the instructor... worth every damn
penny. Two years of frustration gone in minutes.

Robert