Eide

Thanks rigger,
I'll get my testers out and see what I come up with. I was hoping someone
had done something similar.
Eide

"rigger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Eide,
I don't know if it's acceptable but using the two low legs of the 240
circuit should get you 220 single phase. I've seen contactors,
however, which, although they have extra contacts, do not rate the
contacts high enough to carry enough power to run a d.c. These
contacts can, however, be used to operate a contactor which will power
your d.c. system. I believe this is the accepted method and will
probably get you through an electrical inspection.
I'm not an electrician so I'd suggest you find one.
Good luck,
dennis in nca