George E. Cawthon

D'Olier wrote:
I have the underlayment for installing laminate flooring. The underlayment
says its moisture resistant. This means I don't have to include a separate
waterproof sheet or anything right? A 'how to' book I have says I need to
have a waterproof layer AND an underlayment layer.

Thanks.

Paul

Read the instructions with the brands of materials
you use. Lots of underlayment have plastic
(waterproof) layers so you don't need an
additional waterproof layers (will say so on the
package) some underlayments are not waterproof.
If it really bothers you put down a layer of 6 mil
plastic and then the underlayment. It won't hurt
weather a waterproof layer is needed or not. I
would tend to use whatever the laminate says to
use and some require that brand of underlayment
for the guarantee to be good.