Fred

"Andy" wrote in message
om...
Bear with me, I have never done anything in the home repair area really.
But I want to redo the lighting in my old studio apartment, because the
lights are basically as old and cheap as you can get. Additionally I want
to hang a ceiling fan/light, and maybe do some home automation stuff if it
isn't too expensive.

I just want to tell someone my requirements, and have them help choose the
lights and also choose people to install them. It's probably about 4
lights plus the ceiling one.

How would I go about finding someone to help me with this? After looking
on the internet a bit, I saw that lampsplus.com offers a free
consultation. Is this a reasonable way to go? Anyone have any experience
with this?

I'm in Palo Alto, CA if that matters.

Andy

Sounds like a job too small for an architect or a lighting designer unless
you willing to pay for it. Lighting is very personal like buying a car
unless you don't care about your ride. I suggest you review and approve the
type of light fixtures and installation - endless possibilities - before you
let someone run with it otherwise you end up with a lighting ambiance that
rubs against your personality. Get a good electrician you could work with
and review the lighting options before you give him/her the go ahead. Go see
some of his/her installations to get some ideas first.