Marc Miller

Default Maximum Draw on a Household Circuit?

I'm no electrician so I thought I would post a question. What's the maximum
draw
that can be connected to a standard household circuit? I have a 200amp
panel and just installed a circuit with numerous outlets and a fluorescent
light fixture on a 15amp breaker with 12/2 Romex (Does that mean all
equipment connected cannot exceed 15amps on this one circuit?). I put two
duplex outlets
together so I would have four connections in the basement, and then the wire
was run to the garage to power the light as well as one duplex outlet. Just
curious as I don't want to get in trouble.

You hear about people starting fires by connecting too many appliances to
one outlet. I don't think I have that problem but want to make sure. The
only things connected in the basement are low draw appliances (high speed
modem, two routers and an ac adapter to charge the house alarm battery).
Thanks...