Patriarch

Dan wrote in
:

On Sat 13 Aug 2005 08:14:13a, "Tyke" wrote in
:

http://www.adjustabench.com/

It is very sturdy and a breeze to adjust up or down. Not cheap, but
worth it to save my back.

Dave Paine

Those guys had a booth at the Twin Cities woodworking show a couple
years back. I was impressed. Looked like a good, solid framework.
You're limited to the increments built in, but I'd be happy with that.

In one of Frank Klausz' videos he talks about bench height. It's
supposed to be just high enough so if you let your arm hang at your
side fully extended, then bring your hand up at 90 degrees, you hand
should just rest on the bench without bending or stretching your arm.
So when I built my bench, that's what I aimed for and it ended up
about one inch higher than that.

THEN, I find a transcript of an internet chat with Frank when I was
looking for something else, and in it he says he's building a higher
bench because he doesn't like bending over to get at stuff any more.

So all the people who said "It's up to you and the stuff you do and
what makes your feel comfortable" are right. My bench works fine for
now but now that I've used it for a while, I've got a pretty good idea
how I'm going to build the next one. :-) It just might have that
adjustabench frame on it, I'm not sure.

I need that Adjust-A-Shop, that flexes outwards when I need it, and
makes room for other stuff on the lot when I don't...

Patriarch