Ulysses

"Charlie S." wrote in message
news:4YsEe.1014$S72.637@trndny06...
Most everyone in the neighborhood has a fenced in yard. So, that means

any
stray dogs or more likely the dog next door find our yard a convenient

place
to do his business from time to time. I've thought of putting up a fence

or
even talking to the neighbor about his dog. Neither idea appeals to me.

Outside of doing any thing drastic, like shooting the dog, anyone have any
ideas how to keep the dog(s) out without putting up a barrier.

There seems to be some things going on here that I don't know about, but
here goes anyway.

If you know who's dog it is tell the owner to keep it out of your yard.
Tell them to come and clean up after it or you will call Animal Control.
Don't do anything to harm the dog. It's not his fault. After all, you
can't blame him for not wanting to crap all over his own yard if he has a
choice.

I had a problem with cats pooping on my lawn (no, I don't know who's cats
they were). I got one of those motion detector spotlights and positioned it
over the grass. I ran wires from one of the bulb sockets to a relay. The
relay activated my automatic sprinklers. I had the motion detector light
set to stay on for 5 minutes. No more cat poop on my lawn. !00% effective
and I only spent about $15.